Friday, November 09, 2007

Pray For One Another


Last week, as you have read in my previous post was a difficult week for my family. After posting last week, Dad had another major setback and almost died this past Friday. He received a certain shot in the ER at Presby and had a major setback with the crashcart used and being called to come in because we didn't know if Dad would make it. Thankfully, Dad made it and is home now recuperating from the last two weeks.

Last week, in the midst of this, my covenant group met me all the way down here in Bethel Park to pray and to help me get my "mind" off everything I/we were facing as a family. Thanks brothers for walking with me during a stressful time in my life. You will never know just how much the two hours of fellowship did for me. The prayers have meant so much. You, Brett,Greg,John, and Chris have been there for me and I pray I can be there for you.

This week, we need to lift up John and the people of Christ Church as they begin the 11:01 service. Much work is involved in starting a new service as we just began The Asbury Alternative in September. It's not easy trying to get everything into the right spot, making sure that every aspect of a worship plan is a go. Know that I will be praying for you as we serve in ministry together.


James 5:16 "Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed." The Message

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to be there in fellowship with you brother. And so glad your dad is doing so well! Great breakfast today too... where was everyone else??? Grace and Peace, John

Greg Cox said...

At exactly 7:30 a.m. I was preparing lunches. Sorry to have missed you both. Praying for you, and we will continue to pray for your father, Jeff.

Matt said...

Jeff,
I just read this today...I'll be praying for your Dad and God's continuing work of healing in his life. He has had a special impact on my ministry, and I have a great respect and appreciation for all he's done and that which God has yet for him to do. Anyway, I'm praying for him and for your family.