Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Committed To Christ: Prayer

Good Morning Church and Online Community!

I pray you are well and blessed this day! It was certainly a great weekend to be together! A large number of people were in attendance for our new series: Committed To Christ. Yesterday's first commitment centered upon prayer. As we took the Scripture from Matthew 6:5-15, we see Jesus' main concern was regarding the motivation behind praying in public. Jesus demonstrated prayer by giving us, his followers the prayer that we know as The Lord's Prayer.

Cheryl Livengood shared her witness on how important prayer is in her life. Thank you Cheryl for giving your witness to the church.

At the end of the message, each of us were asked to commit to a new level of prayer in our daily life:

Here are the results: (percentage of our congregation responding to each level of commitment)


Today I am not ready to make a commitment to pray 0 %
Beginning today, I will pray when I am in a worship service 16%
Beginning today, I will pray when I am facing a difficult decision 18%
Beginning today, I will try to pray daily 16%
Beginning today, I will pray daily, using a devotional guide 7%
Beginning today, I will pray daily, remembering the prayer requests shared in worship   10%
Beginning today, I will pray daily, using the weekly prayer list from the church 7%
Beginning today, I will pray daily, setting aside 15 minutes for daily devotional time 6%
Beginning today, I will pray daily, and be in the church prayer chain or prayer group 4%
Prayer will be a priority in my life, growing to include the following:.... 16%

May we desire to commit to a greater prayer life with our Lord. 


We thank Jon Pincek, who led the 9:26 worship service while many in the band were out of town. We also recognized Jon at the 11:00 a.m. for his work as interim choir director in the month of September. At 11:00 we welcomed in person our new choir director, April Cox. April begins directing duties this Wednesday and her first official Sunday will be October 7. Welcome April!

This Sunday, our focus will be on Committed to Christ: Bible Reading from 2 Timothy 3:16-17. To engage in study, we have Wednesday Nights @ Christ Community for all ages! Dinner this week is beef stroganoff. We begin dinner at 5:30-6:30 p.m. Choir is dismissed at 6:15. Classes begin at 7:00 p.m. We welcome you to this great opportunity for study and fellowship!

Have a blessed week! It is an honor to serve and lead as your pastor.


No comments: