Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Marathon Interviewing

I've been in a relay for a marathon before. To get ready takes great preparation. To race takes great determination, stamina and courage not to fail.

Yesterday, was a marathon. 19 interviews for Episcopal candidate. I had the pleasure of meeting some of the most dynamic people in our jurisdiction who have been called, nominated and endorsed to hold the Episcopal office. It was a Spirit-filled day. The passion of some of the candidates blessed me and reignited a flame in my soul.

I thank God for the opportunity to meet with these individuals, and to be in a time of discernment with newly-found colleagues in ministry from throughout the Northeast.

The marathon was long, but in the end, accomplished much. Please keep these 19 candidates in prayer as well as their families and the congregations/districts/conference they serve as this truly is a time of Holy Conferencing for the greater good of The United Methodist Church.

No comments: