Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Way to Go Baldwin Community!


I walked into my office this afternoon to see a letter from the Western PA Annual Conference Camping Office. It was a list of all the churches in the Conference who sent campers to one of the three camps (Allegheny, Jumonville, Wesley Woods). I was ever so pleased to see that Baldwin Community sent 42 campers to camp this summer!!! We increased from 18 campers in 2007 to 42 in 2008! Way to go people of Baldwin Community! 
I have a deep and profound love for the camping ministries of the WPA Conference. It was at Jumonville that I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. It is our hope that through camping, our children at Baldwin Community and the children all over can experience the love Christ has for us. 
I also want to thank everyone who gave to our Baldwin Community scholarship to assist our campers with a full scholarship this year!!! You are a blessing to many! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 

3 comments:

Eric Park said...

42 campers?!

That's as impressive as it is heartwarming!

Praise be to God!

Thanks for the words of celebration, brother.

Anonymous said...

Great Job Baldwin! And great leadership Jeff!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the encouragement! To God be the glory for the great things He has done! The excitement on the children's faces when they talk about camp is incredible to describe!