Thursday, November 06, 2008

OK This Should Not Be Happening to Me Right Now


This morning I was hit with something I did not expect. Abby and I were heading to class this morning. Abby's preschool room is the last class at the end of the hallway. I hung her little jacket on her hook and we carried her cookie cake into the classroom (It's Abby's fifth birthday tomorrow, November 7th). As we walked into the room, a little boy from our church, Jack, handed Abby something. I didn't think much of it. She then handed it to me. I looked at it and then just kept talking to Mrs. Riani and Mrs. Pavlick. Then about 10 seconds later, I looked at it again. It was a beautifully wrapped purple rose. This struck me hard! My four year old daughter just got her first rose from a boy! Abby was so tickled by this and Jack was so proud at that moment to give his "girl" a rose! I had to get a picture with my phone (I'm glad my phone has a camera for quick moments like this). Jack, thanks for giving me (and Abby) a great big smile today (and for giving me an increased heart rate)! Happy 5th Birthday Abby (Little Betty)!  

1 comment:

Greg Cox said...

Better start learning to clean a shotgun for when the boys start coming over.