Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Family Devotion Time




Family devotion time is a practice we have not consistently practiced...until recently. During a trip to Family Christian Stores, I came across a 365 Family Devotional book. I took a look at it and thought, this looks pretty simple, but yet, impacting at the same time. I bought the book and to our pleasure, the kids love it! (Last night Abby laughed during the entire devotion... why I'm not even sure! Maybe she thought the theme of forgiveness was too funny!) Jennifer and I did not have anywhere to go last night, which was awesome and a rarity. Both of us were present for the devotion.


Each devotion consists of 1) One Bible verse 2) Short meditation that the kids can read 3) A reflection question or a quote from someone that will make you think.


I encourage you to try it. It brings the family together and it gives us all something to focus on and pray for. If you do not have children in your family, I encourage you to read a devotion that may be age/gender specific for you/spouse/fiance', girlfriend/boyfriend. There were multiple devotionals for purchase when I went. I'm sure many will still be there when you go!

No comments: