Friday, September 19, 2008

The Day Off


Today's my day off. I have finally been able to be home for most of a day off! Tonight I do have a wedding rehearsal, but that's not bad. The last four weeks have been busy times. However, today I get to stay home. Even though I'm home, laundry seems to be a never ending saga. With five people in the house, it can pile up fast. Jennifer and I are clear about our expectations; I wash and fold, she puts all of them away. Even though we still share the responsibility, it's so much work!

I guess I should not complain! We are blessed to have the water to do it, we are blessed to have a washer and a dryer, and we are blessed to have clothes to put into the washer. I've been many places around the world where that's not the case. Millions do not have clean water to drink, let alone wash their clothes. I'm going to go and fold my clothes and thank God that I can.

No comments: