Thursday, September 13, 2007

Parent Night at School


Tonight I had the opportunity to visit Aaron's third grade classroom. At Baldwin-Whitehall, the old days of Open House are no longer. Our proud children cannot take us on a tour of their classroom, locker or school. So Jennifer had the kids and it was my turn to be the parent attending Parent Night.


As I was the last one in the room at the end filling out my paper work (as always the case), Aaron's teacher said, "Oh, another lefty." I said, "Yes, another lefty. Don't you just love smearing ink and lead all over your hands?" She laughed and told me that she smears dry erase markers all over the board when she writes in class. I laughed and told the teacher that I used to have the same problem when I taught 1st grade in Florida. She then said she did not know I was a teacher. I told her that was my previous profession and God called me into pastoral ministry.


That started a conversation! She went on to tell me about her church and all the great things happening there. We shared our faith with each other tonight and was so pleased to hear that Aaron was being taught this year by a born again Christian woman whose love for Christ Jesus is evident.


It has been such a joy since Sunday's kickoff service to hear of the wonderful stories how Baldwin's parishioners have been sharing their faith this week in the world we live. I ministered to a dying parishioner and her family today at Asbury Heights. As we held hands, read Scripture, laughed and shed tears, I was pleased to hear how this woman shares her faith to all the staff at Asbury Heights. In the midst of one of life's most intimate journeys, this one individual still shares the love of Christ with all she meets.


How have you witnessed those people in life sharing their faith to all they meet? Have people witnessed the same by you and your actions? Thank God for Aaron's teacher and the parishioner I ministered today. Thank God for their ministering to me.

1 comment:

Randy Roda said...

Thta's what it's all about. I do more evangelism since I stopped serving a church than I ever did as a pastor.