Friday, October 17, 2008

The Great Escape

Currently, I am between trips. Next week, I will be traveling to Kansas City with the Lewis Fellowship. This past week, I spent three days at the Great Escape, a pastor's retreat at Antiochian Village. This retreat was intended to be a time of renewal, reflection, and a time of learning from Gil Rendle. It was indeed that.
The three days away exhausted me! Constant conversations with my fellow peers, sharing, working, reading... it was intense. However, the most influential time of this retreat came from my time with Allan Brooks. Allan and I serve together in ministry at Baldwin Community. A long time ago, I said, "I'll never be an associate pastor." As the days and months pass by, I am ever thankful I serve in ministry with a staff of gifted individuals. I am grateful to be serving at Baldwin Community for a variety of reasons.

This retreat allowed Allan and myself to grow as a pastoral team in a variety of ways. He and I stuck close as one pastor approached Allan and said, "Are you brothers?" He laughed and said, "No, we just serve together." Today, I thank God for Allan and his leadership, wisdom and most importantly, his friendship.

No comments: