Sunday, April 20, 2008

8th Avenue Ministries


I had the opportunity to go to Homestead yesterday afternoon with my family and members of Baldwin Community's Mission Team. We visited 8th Avenue Ministries, a new church start in the heart of Homestead. The new ministry is being led by Keith Kaufold. I told my children going into Homestead that this church is not like the church they are used to attending. I told them this would be like a coffeehouse, a gathering place to eat and talk to others. When my children walked in, they were pleasantly surprised to see spaghetti and meatballs and on top of that, chocolate chip cookies! During our dinner, I sat across a 5th grader who told me every detail about her life! It was great to listen to this girl's life and how she loves Jesus.


Following dinner, we set up the room into a worship center. It was an awesome opportunity to be fed physically and spiritually. The music was moving, the preaching touching and the fellowship of believers engaging. I left this worship filled with a sense of renewal and joy. I ask that you keep Keith and this new ministry on 8th Avenue in your daily prayers. I thank God for Keith and the vision God has laid upon his heart.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Jeff,
Sorry, this has nothing to do with this post. but read your reply to the Bishop and thought you'd be interested in this blog. http://passion-and-purpose.blogspot.com/
She doesn't update as often as she would like due to her work load, but she identifies some of the same concerns you expressed.

Unknown said...

Jackie,

Thanks for the site. I scanned it and look forward to reading this blog further. God's Grace to you and your ministry.

Jeff